July 05, 2006

God's Promises

I never said this would easy.
I never promised a life free of pain.
I never wrote magic into My letters to you
That would dry up every tear
Before you even thought about it falling.

I did say that when
Mountains rise up in front of you
And the thunderclouds in life
Shade your sky,
I will never leave you.

I did promise to comfort
Your spirit
When nothing on earth could
Ease your suffering
And to catch every tear in a bottle.

I did write love in My letters.
A love that, even though
The page is tear-stained, will
Remind you that you are
Not ever alone.

6/7/06

3 comments:

Scribbley said...

I really like the landscape imagery. It makes me think of the "Shadow of the Valley of Death" verse, which is appropriate to this poem. Very nice!

AFamousStatue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AFamousStatue said...

I love that verse...