August 15, 2006

A Foretaste of Things to Come

Just letting everyone know they should expect my posts to be few and far between for a while, not sure how long. I just feel so struck by the Lord to set my hands to the plow and try and change the world. My uncle is doing just that through his national ministry, the National Prayer Network (see link.) I want to help him. I want to help people. I want to be able to use the strengths I have to hold up others' arms when they are weak. I want to be a blessing. Most importantly, GOD wants to make me all those things. With His help, I can and will change from a mostly self-centered person to someone who is completely overwhelmed, drenched, covered, and of course, centered in Christ.

SO... please pray that the Lord will help me grow. I want to. Life is a total waste if you stay in one place. My sister, Harmony, who is SUCH an inspiration to me (she also has a blog, Truthteller Girl {see link}), related to me a quote by someone, I forget who:

"Recognize your ability to imitate Christ."

I realize this: There is no point in calling myself a Christian if I am not going to LIVE 24/7 like Christ did and commands me, and all of us to. So let's all do something revolutionary: let's live like Christ during the entire week, not just Sundays.

Praying for you all....

2 comments:

wendybirde said...

I followed the link of NPN and a couple radio broadcasts about Kabalah jumped out at me, which I listened to. And your uncle is right about the incredible racism in the culture, its why I knew in the end I'd always feel like I was "looking through a window" there and didnt convert. The thing is that the Jewish faith and the essential precious stuff included there, and the Jewish culture with the deep racism, are two really different things. And yet they intrude on each other and its unfortunately hard to avoid the culture when deeply exploring the faith.

I found this out first hand unfortunately, and when exploring converting had to try and hide my non Jewish background from all but the rabbi I was studying with and the man I was dating. Once someone knows you are "a gentile" it often creates this huge wall, all that "not one of the chosen" nonsense. This racism is deeper than any other culture's I believe, and it's seriously harmful stuff.

At the same time there is much to the faith itself that is so precious though. And I don't want to toss the baby with the bathwater. I dearly love for example how deeply they keep Shabbat, and have tried to carry that with me. Jesus, after all, and Joseph and Mary, had a Jewish faith and a Jewish home. But like your uncle points out they parted radically from the racism and legalism and detachment of the culture, and wanted to heal it. Understatement.

I wish you well in your work Liberty, it's an important area : )

AFamousStatue said...

Will: Thanks! If you click on the banner, it links you to the website. It also had directions as to where to paste the code into your template.

Wendy: It's too bad how off course the leaders of Judaism have lead the faithful, isn't it? Unfortunately, alot of Christian pastors are no better. They do not demand obedience to the Lord's commands of their followers and instead preach unconditional salvation to whoever wants it. It seems like it cheapens the Lord's great sacrifice-- that someone can sin/blaspheme against the Lord and still get the TREMENDOUS gift of eternal life with Him...

Scrib: Short and sweet, eh?